Brown Barhi Dates
100% Organically grown
About this Date:
The date that tastes like creamy butterscotch!
Named after the hot Arabic winds called "Barh", Brown Barhi Dates are much smaller in size, yet they have a flavor like no other. The taste itself varies as many have described the taste to range from sugar cane to coconut to butterscotch. They are round and have a baggy exterior with a very soft and tender interior flesh.
Refrigerate or freeze upon receiving to maintain optimal quality. Refrigerated dates can last 1-2 months. If frozen, dates have a shelf life of up to one year. When you are ready to eat them, simply let them thaw out. Enjoy!
Dates Main Benefits:
1) Alternative to empty-calorie sweets. Dates can satisfy a person's sweet tooth while also providing essential nutrients, such as vitamin B-6 and iron.
2) High in fiber. Just ¼ of a cup of dates provides 12 percent of a person's daily fiber requirement. Fiber helps a person feel fuller for longer.
3) High in potassium. Dates are high in potassium, which is an electrolyte the body needs for good heart health. Potassium also helps to build muscle and proteins in the body.
4) Great for substitutions. People can replace the sugar, chocolate chips, or candies in baking recipes with dates to ensure they are eating natural sugars instead of refined sugars.
- x1 packed box of dates (4 or 10 lbs)
Disclaimer: This information is for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the CFIA or FDA. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.